FRENCH SUMMER CAMP FOR TEENAGERS: (10 to 17 years old)
Edu-inter is located on the campus Mérici, a private collage located next to the Plains of Abraham. Your students will join 500 other students from over 40 countries to learn French.
We are the only French school in town located in a real campus (not in an apartment building) with access for free to all facilities! Furthermore, we are in the nicest part of the City, the upper town, walking distance to Old Quebec, café, restaurants etc.
Know also that you picked the right City! Québec City is the best to really learn French since it is a 100% francophone city (the biggest city in America where people are native French speakers) so we guarantee students will have a total French immersion experience where they will truly learn and reach their goals (while having fun and a unique life experience)! It is also one of the safest cities in the world.
Here is also a short video showcasing Québec City:
FRENCH & MULTI-ACTIVITY
This is our most popular program for groups. This is the right blend of French lessons with a lot of interactions, dynamism and fun while learning French: French classes in the morning (15 hours per week) with activities/workshops in the afternoon (15 hours per week). Students will see the major attractions in the City, walk in the historic district with a certified guide, they will do rafting in the Jacques-Cartier Valley, walk by the highest fall in North America, canoeing etc. And while students are in classes and on activities, Edu-inter complementary offer the group leaders to follow the French for teacher program!
Note also that due to our French policy, students must speak French all the time in classroom, during activities, excursions and break time. An 100% spoken French agreement is signed by all students upon their arrival. The students will improve their French a lot with Edu-inter and they will have plenty of opportunities to express themselves in French.
Our Approach: We offers courses for all levels of French in reduced class settings to give as much attention as possible to each student. In order to place students in the right level, we will ask them to take a quick online French test before their arrival to Quebec City combined with a private interview on their first day at school.
Regarding our approach and techniques, we use the successful communicative language teaching with emphasize on interactions despite masterful classes with books and readings like some non-specialized French immersion schools. Games, role-play, interviews, pair-work, grammar quizzes etc. We give students voice! Students are at the right place with Edu-inter to learn and improve quickly and efficiently in a casual and dynamic environment. We are also sending weekly pedagogical report to parents so they can follow the progress of their child from home (unique from our specialized school).
Lodging: The student residences: (very appreciated by the parents for our supervision and the students for the unique group experience they live with teenagers from all over the world)
The teens are supervised 24/7 by our very helpful, experienced and live-in coordinators qualified to advise and assist students. They are adults (in between 18 and 30 years old) have studied in field related to tourism, education and/or recreational organization. Our team is really well trained and very helpful.
Each student has a room (double occupancy) with desk and lamp and bathrooms are shared. Boys and girls are lodged in different areas of the residence.
The teens in the residence all well entertained and can enjoyed a variety and fun activities every night in the residence (have a look at our calendar of activities for more details). All activities and outings are supervised by qualified instructors. Teens in the residence are grouped with students of their age and genders.
Daily Schedule (Monday to Friday)
7:00 am : Breakfast at the student residence
8:30 am : Arrival at Edu-inter
9:00 am – 11:45 am: French Classes
11:45 am – 12:30 pm: Lunch
12:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Multi-Activity Camp
4:30 pm: Return to Student residence
Evenings: Free time and activities at the residence
Inclusions: Interactive French classes (15 hours per week), books and material, afternoon activities program (15 hours per week), evening activities, weekend excursions when coming for 2 weeks, accommodation (from Sunday to Saturday) in a the student residence with supervision 24h, 3 meals per day and snacks, transportation in between school, accommodation and camp, health insurance, transfer arrival and departure, custodianship services, registration fee, placement fee, French certificate, 100% francophone environment and unique life experience guarantee. Our programs includes everything, from the airport pick-up at the beginning of the program until the drop-off when students leave.
WHY Edu-inter in Québec City?
– Québec City was voted 10th BEST DESTINATION in the world and number 1 in Canada!
– Specialized French school – 100% French immersion environment. No other languages are spoken at school and everywhere in the city! A real and Intense French immersion;
– Edu-inter is accredited by Languages Canada which is an organization recognized by all Canadian embassies in the world that certifies Language Schools;
– Our courses follow the DELF international program and teach International French. Our students will be able to understand French from everywhere after a stay with us; We teach French from France, Québec and other European countries. Our programs are very rich and much more diversified than any other French countries or region in the world;
– The best location in town! Downtown Québec City, next to the Plains of Abraham and within walking distance from café, restaurants, Old district etc;
– Excellent facilities in campus accessible for free for all students: gymnasium, restaurant, student lounge, internet café, computer rooms, cafeteria and library;
– Our attention to details and to the needs of every single student.
– We offer a wide variety of cultural and recreational activities for summer.
– Our host family are 100% French speakers.
– More than 450 students form 40 countries are coming to Edu-inter every summer to learn French.
– We have a French policy where students must speak French all the time in classroom, during activities, excursions and break time. That ensure the immersion experience as well and we make sure you will reach your goals and have plenty of opportunities to express yourself in French.
– A free pass for the Québec Summer Festival (July) is included in the Teen Summer package price!
Why study abroad?
- Studying abroad opens the door to new horizons, beyond one’s local experience
- Students meet a community of international students, just like them, and share new experiences
- Foreign study opens one’s eyes (and heart) to different cultures, different ways of life
- Students step out of their usual comfort zone, and into an excitingly different learning environment
- Students adapt and succeed in various cultural settings, i.e. develop cultural agility
- The Bulgarian School of Seattle would like to extend this opportunity to families of students (aged 10 to 17) who wish to experience studying abroad in a 100% French-immersive environment. Proficiency with the Bulgarian language is not required, and non-Bulgarian speaking students are cordially invited to participate… profiter de l’éxperience!
Presentations: Sunday, March 11, 2018 and Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 1 pm to 2 pm in Stroum Jewish Community Center
Deadline for registration: March 25, 2018
For more details on pricing and dates, please come to the presentation.
Administration| Bulgarian School of Seattle All rights reserved ®