Establishing Bulgarian Language Competency Testing
Step 1: Registration
To register for ALTA 2017 test please submit your registration information via the form below:
Step 2: Paying for Assessments
The Bulgarian School of Seattle will set a fee for the assessments to cover administrative costs, test fees, and/or proctoring. Fees may vary depending on the assessment costs.
- For all Bulgarian School of Seattle regular students $250. Pay here.
- For all other candidates $450 with the requirement to take a pre-assessment test (practice a quick write and a conversation). Pay here.
One Week Before Testing Date
- Sending out reminders to students and time of oral interview, if scheduled
- Proctors from the school arrive 30–45 minutes early for instructions
- Students check in with proctors and provide a photo ID. Verify name on registration list
- Supply pens for students
- Collect all tests and testing directions before students leave
- Give students written assignment to complete
- Speaking Tests: send students to phone interview spot at appointment time
Two Days Later
- Students who score zero on the ILR (International Language Rating) for writing do not qualify for credits; don’t pass oral
- Scheduling a speaking appointment for students who received a score of zero+ (0+) or higher on the written test
- Earned Seal of Biliteracy — Certificate | Diploma
- Seal of Biliteracy Medallion | Congratulations Card
*You should be aware that different colleges have different policies with regards to Language Tests in foreign languages. You should check with the colleges that you’re interested in regarding their policies and seek guidance from your counselor on your specific situation.